Monday, March 12, 2012

Vegan White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Blondies!


I miss white chocolate. I will admit that is one thing that I miss, being vegan. There are usually vegan substitutes that satisfy my cravings...like vegan chocolate and cashew cheese. Yet, white chocolate is hard to find. I found a great recipe recently and tried to make it. It turned out well! Although, my friend told me it didn't taste like white chocolate but she said it was good! Anyway, I love blondies. This recipe turned out great, I couldn't stop eating them!

What you need:
1/2 cup vegan butter at room temperature
1 1/4 cup sugar (I used brown sugar)
Egg replacer equivalent of 2 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup vegan white chocolate (http://bittersweetblog.wordpress.com/2008/02/18/the-white-stuff/)
1 cup semi-sweet vegan chocolate
3/4 cup macadamia nuts, chopped

What to do:
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter and sugar. Add egg replacer and vanilla. In a separate bowl sift together the flour and baking powder. Mix until incorporated. Mix in chocolate and macadamia nuts.
Pour into a baking pan an smooth flat. Bake for 20 to 30 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment